Monday, August 29, 2011

The Kitchen: Slow-Cooker OJ Pork


I LOVE using my crock pot. It makes preparing dinner so simple and stress-free!

Dinner tonight is a new recipe for me, so I will let you know how we like it!
*Update* We really did enjoy this. The sweet potatoes were amazing and the pork was really juicy. I was surprised that you can't really taste the orange juice at all. In the future, I might have some orange marmalade on the table to put on top of the pork for a sauce.

Slow-Cooker OJ Pork
1 pork shoulder roast
1 large onion, quartered
sweet potatoes, quartered/diced
orange juice

Place the roast in the bottom of your slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place onions and potatoes around the roast and pour enough OJ to come up at least halfway around the pork.
Cook on low 8-10 hours.

That's it! What's your favorite slow-cooker recipe??

Recipe from faithfulprovisions.com


No comments:

Post a Comment