Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Living Room: TV time for kids

I read last spring that on average in 2010, kids spent 7 hours and 38 minutes in front of a screen PER DAY!  I couldn't believe it!  That's more time than they are in school each day!

I find that our girls LOVE movies, but they also get bored with them.  Interactive games, blocks, books, our dollhouse and kitchen hold their attention much longer.  But, those activities can take a lot more work and time to introduce and convince them to engage in than popping on a movie.

I try to reserve a movie for the ends of those days when I need to get dinner ready and everyone is a little crazy.  And I have found one that I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty about showing.....

Leap Frog's Letter Factory moving taught my girls all 26 letters and their sounds after only a few viewings.  Its creative, catchy, and totally engages Kate and Kylie.  Its a great resource.  Just wanted to pass it on to all the families with young ones out there.  I bought mine on amazon...

No comments:

Post a Comment