Friday, October 21, 2011

The Kitchen: Mommy Martini


Okay, so the title is a little misleading.  In this season of life, if I were to drink a martini, McKenzie would also be getting a martini...  So here's my latest smoothie experiment displayed in a fun glass.

Here is my Mommy Martini recipe:
a whole pear
a whole apple
a whole banana 
juice from a lime
2 leaves kale
1 cup ice
1/2 cup water

I threw all of this in my ninja blender and voila!

In the future I might sub spinach for the kale because the kale texture kind of bugged me. 

The first question came from Kate, "Why is it green?"
Linnette: "Well, because its full of healthy vegetables and fruits"
Kate: "Mmm, its good."
Linnette: (thinking to herself) "This will never fly in a few years..."

At least for now this one passed the kid test-- Kylie had 4 servings!

No comments:

Post a Comment