Friday, September 2, 2011

The Nursery: Saving Money on Diapers!

A few months ago a friend told me about Amazon Mom, where you can enroll (for free) to get diapers shipped to you (free shipping) on a monthly or bimonthly basis at 30% off.  My first response was thinking "I do better shopping sales and using coupons!" But, as we've added a third baby to our family I've found that 1) Its not that easy to go from store to store for the different diaper sales and 2) I often end up running out of diapers & coupons and paying full-price anyway.

So, last week I moseyed over to Amazon to see how expensive things are-- and I was shocked at the deals I found.  For example, I typically buy Huggies Snug & Dry diapers because they are the cheapest possible out of Huggies/Pampers, and the ones most likely to have high dollar coupons.  If I can find a Jumbo pack on sale it's usually $8.99.  If I am so lucky as to have a $2 off coupon, then I just bought the pack for $6.99 instead of the regular price of $12.99.  This makes size 2 diapers work out to $0.16 each + tax.  Not bad you say...

But, last week on Amazon Mom with subscribe and save, I bought Pampers Baby Dry (which I actually prefer) in a huge 246 count and after my 30% savings (not shown to the left), I paid $30.73 or $0.12 each with no tax, delivered straight to my door for FREE!

Now that saves me money, time, "oh my gosh we are totally out of diapers", etc.!  Plus, I can go online and manage what I want them to send, when I want it, and I can stop it at anytime.  Its fantastic!  And I get free two-day shipping on most things on Amazon as an Amazon Mom without the $25 minimum purchase restriction

I also bought some Seventh Generation diapers because they were only $14.36 after my 30% discount which made them $0.19 each instead of the $0.26 each + tax they are at Target.  I've been wanting to try them for a while and this seemed like a great opportunity since I can't find coupons for this brand.

And finally, I purchased some Pampers Thick Unscented wipes which work out to $0.02 each, a full cent cheaper per wipe than Walmart's price and matching the price for Target's Up&Up brand for wipes (which are great by the way...)

So, all-around I am pleased and excited to be an Amazon Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I was a little hesitant to start the subscribe and save but you may have won me over. You are quite the smarty pants shopper. Being and Amazon Mom really does have perks. I got free shipping on a gift for my sister, not a baby product. Pretty nice. Love the advice, friend, keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete